Eliminate Uric Acid Crystals in Joints Using These 8 Natural Remedies
Uric acid is a common ingredient in our urine and it’s a by-product of purines breakdown. But, when the purines in our blood become elevated, the uric acid levels increase as well, which can result in some serious health problems including gout. You’ve all probably heard about gout, it’s an inflammatory condition that manifests through joint stiffness, pain and swelling and more commonly affects the senior population. It’s quite painful and usually affects the joints in our ankles, knees, elbows and shoulders. Gout can be tricky to treat and many people just live with it, popping up a painkiller or two whenever the pain kicks in. However, painkillers are not a solution and will not make you better, they just numb the pain and may lead to more trouble. Luckily, there are a few natural remedies that have proven to be very effective in the treatment of gout and in today’s article we’ll show you the best ones.
Gout is usually caused by diabetes, obesity, psoriasis, hypertension, leukemia and alcohol abuse. It develops as a result of uric acid crystallization, when uric acid crystals are formed and end up in your joints. These crystals are formed as a result of high levels of purines in your blood, which is usually caused by poor diet choices. If you want to avoid and prevent uric acid crystals from forming in your joints you need to start eating healthier and drink lots of water. Steer clear of processed, junk food and improve your overall lifestyle.
Here are some of the best natural remedies for uric acid crystals:
- Slice half an onion into small pieces and add it to a liter of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and set it aside. Let it cool down a bit and strain it. You can add some honey and consume the mixture 3 times a day.
- Take one ripe tomato and squeeze it for is juice. Consume the juice three times a day to prevent gout formation.
- For this remedy you’ll need to chop 50gr. of cabbage, half an onion and 3 sprigs of parsley. Bring a cup of water to a boil and add the chopped veggies in it. Let it cook for about 15 minutes and set it aside to cool down. Strain it, add some lemon juice and consume the remedy before lunch.
- Combine 3tbsp of soybean and rosemary oil and massage your painful areas with this mixture
- Toss one mango, 30gr. strawberries, 4 carrots and a slice of pineapple in a juicer and blend until smooth. Drink this juice every morning before breakfast for best results.
- Boil a corn cob in a cup of water and let it cook for 15 minutes. Consume the liquid 3 times per day for best results.
- Bring a liter of water to a boil and add 30gr. of cranberries. Let them simmer for 5 minutes, strain it and drink the mixture a few times a day for pain relief.
- Boil 500ml of water and add a handful of elderflowers. Let the mixture cool down, strain it and add some honey. Consume the remedy 3 times a day.
And finally we’ve got one more remedy for uric acid crystals:
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon slice
Chop the cucumber and celery and add everything to a blender. Pulse until smooth and consume this mixture every day to prevent uric acid crystal formation. It’s best if you drink about 2-3 glasses per day.